Wednesday 13 September 2017

WOYWW....

Another Wednesday and another catch up with the creative desks around the world hosted by our group leader Julia over at The Stamping Ground.   Just click on the link and pop over if you want to find out more....go on be tempted to join in.  We are a very friendly bunch.

So on my desk today....



 Yes it's a police vest that needed repair but don't worry I've not been avested [excuse the pun]....it was just a play one belonging to my grandson.....I get asked to do all sorts of jobs....cos Nanny can do.



Another little job for the family....Lexi has an 18" doll coming for her 6th birthday soon and she will be wanting some extra clothes making for her but finding patterns for a doll you haven't seen isn't easy.....I think this one might be adaptable but want to see if it fits before I make more.....apparently they need to be more glitzy!


And for those that don't follow me on Facebook here's the 5 bears I made last week for customers benefiting from my 10% off special offer.  From left to right...
  1. Made from a much loved mum's cardigan.....I managed to add the beaded flower embellishment to the front and have to say this is one of my favourites....I love purple.
  2. Made from a special little boys christening outfit....I made the waistcoat and cap as extras.....cute isn't he?
  3. Made from a child's school uniform.
  4. Made from a much loved dad's scarf with matching green ribbon.
  5. Made from a student nurses uniform when she qualified ....rather special to me being an ex nurse.
There you go folks it was a really busy week for me last week.  On top of what you can see above I also....
  • Shortened a bridesmaids dress
  • took in a posh frock for a wedding
  • shortened 3 nurses uniforms
  • shortened 6 pairs of trousers.......Oh and I cooked, cleaned, washed, ironed etc etc as is the norm.
I must apologise for any blogs I didn't  manage to visit last week but I hope you will understand why lol.  No two week are the same for me but I do my best to live every day.  Hope you all have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

14 comments:

Helen said...

You pack each day, it seems to me, good for you! Love the bears. Helen #1

Twiglet said...

The little dolly dress looks lovely - pretty fabric. I bet they take ages - a bit fiddly!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my Annie what a busy time you're having. Of course it makes me smile that so many people appreciate your skills. Happy woyww and thanks for the visit to mine, Angela x16x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, I swear I don't know how you cram so much into your week! You are clearly very disciplined! I can imagine it's hard to dress make for a doll you haven't seen. See you in a couple of weeks. :) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Neet said...

Glad you are keeping busy with your business - it certainly didn't take long to take off again when you moved house.
Hope Millie is keeping you busy too, I think we need a photo of her next week if possible.
You had me fooled with the Police vest!
Hugs & thanks for the visit to mine, Neet 10 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That little dolly's dress is like a toile!! It's be the silver and pink lures for the next one :-D. You'll have the proper police coming to you soon for their mending, just watch out for the handcuffs :-D
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, isn't it great that children think Nannies can do any thing (although in your case I can certainly see why). I saw those memory bears on your Facebook page; you are certainly kept busy. Happy WOYWW Sarah #26

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun projects once again..oh yes the young girls LOVE GLITZY in every shape and form. It is hard to make the rounds, I get started and off we go, so trying to do some if I have a sleepless night. Heat is back so should be good for this week. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. You are certainly busy - and I still haven't even tried my new little sewing machine or started the embroidery project for which I bought all the materials a few weeks ago! Going to sort that out now, so thanks for the push! Ali x #7

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. I see the word "boredom" isn't in your dictionary either!!!
Lots of great achievements this week.
take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Lindart said...

Those bears are so special, you must get such joy making each one! My grandmother made little dresses for my daughter's doll when she was little, now that she is 31 they are neatly tucked away for the next generation (hopefully soon!)! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #31

May said...

The bears are amazing keepsakes... you are so busy with all your sewing projects.. The little dress looks so cute... Have a happy week... May #15

Heather M said...

Hi Annie... you certainly know how to pack a lot into a week! I was exhausted just reading your post. Have a lovely week, Heather #30

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, wasn't able to join in this week but had to visit you to see what you've been up to - that is apart from making bears :) We don't often mention the housework, etc., but it's understood that it all still has to be done - even for those of us who have 'retired' :) Hope to see you tomorrow for Friday Smiles. Hugs, Ellie xx