Wednesday 10 January 2018

WOYWW....

What a week it's been here at Sewing by Annie's.  I don't think I've even had so many customers in my first week back after the Christmas break before.

 Just look at my rail.....

I have...
  • Put a new 26" open ended zip in a jacket
  • Shortened a dress
  • Taken a dress in on the sides
  • Shortened the sleeves on a suit jacket
  • Put new elastic in a pair of trousers
  • Shortened 3 pair of gents trousers and 
  • Put a new zip in a pair of jeans
So you will imagine there's not been a lot of time for making dolly clothes but I will show you what I have done....



I was able to borrow Phoebe's new dolly to measure her properly and here she is modelling the first out fit I've completed.
The top is all fully lined and they have to be made with just 1/4" seams throughout plus I like to overlock seams  so they are probably the best made dolly clothes around.



I've since made a pair of turquoise cord trousers and a shiny, stretchy top to wear with them.....can you imagine making the top?  It has gathered sleeves and being stretchy it really needed all my patience to make it but I'm sure the effort was worth it.

Now I've added this to make you giggle.  I have followed the pattern to make a skirt using tulle!  It was a job and a half to make and when finished it looked like it does on the left pic!!
I have now tied a piece of elastic around it to see if it would be tamed a little.  :-) :-)
I'm not sure what it will look like on the dolly but I'm sure it will make the girls giggle.


That's all from me for today.  If you leave me a comment I will do my best to pay you a return visit.  Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Helen said...

laughing at the tulle skirt... it looks like a wigwam!! great that you are busy with your orders though. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. You have been busy - and the doll clothes are amazing, even the crazy skirt! Ali x #7

Neet said...

Your model looks adorable - love the jeans! Annie you must have a lot of patience to make these. I do hope we see the tulle skirt modelled, when it is tamed of course.
Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier - Neet xx
ps if AI's would travel by post I would send some but I fear they would leak and make a mess - maybe one day I will be in the area and can come and bring them with me and we can have a play.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, as busy as ever I see! Love the dolls clothes; still my best Christmas present ever as a girl when my mum sewed and knitted a whole wardrobe worth of clothes for a doll. It was such fun changing outfits. Yours have amazing detail. That skirt did make me laugh though. Happy WOYWW Sarah #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, nice to see you so busy. Interesting projects on the go especially the skirt! Have a great woyww, Angela x13x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, you have been busy!! I admire you for getting o much done through the week - the business side is obviously important but I do love the little doll's clothes best. The stretchy fabric must have tested your patience sorely (I wouldn't haven't even tried it!) but the tulle is my favourite. Do you do big girls' versions as well.... ;-D
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Anne said...

Hello Annie. As always you are so busy. I just adore the dolls clothes - especially the tulle one! I'm sure my granddaughter Phoebe would love them all. Glad that business is doing well. Have a lovely day. Anne x #14

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Well, that skirt is something else! Did it come from the pattern I saw in the background. Hope it tames ok!!! Glad your sewing business is doing so well.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun photos Annie, you just amaze me at ALL that you accomplish in a week. I need whatever it is you take for energy/Mojo. Also bopped about other posts and love your little dog, so involved in day to day fun. We haven't had time to get puzzles out yet this winter. Can't believe how fast grand kids grow up. Always energized Have a fun week.

buterfliecrafter said...

The skirt reminds me of Hawai, please post a picture of the doll modelling it:-) Vicky #15

Catriona said...

Busy as always, Annie, but the dolls’ clothes are amazing. I really like these dolls are they have reverted to being childlike rather than the Barbiesque style. I have finished a very simple piece of sewing this week which has been hanging around like a bad smell since about October. I’m seriously lacking mojo but that’s a side effect of the dreaded antibiotics. Keep sewing! Catriona

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - love that skirt - you will tame it I am sure. xx

lisa said...

Phew, I feel exhausted. It's brilliant to be busy but don't wear yourself out Annie.
Love the dolly skirt, it looks like something from outerspace but I bet it'll look great.
Thanks for your lovely comment.
Hugs Lisax #16

Robyn said...

all I need is a little girl to have a dolly to dress! so cute!
robyn 1

Elizabeth said...

That tulle skirt did make me laugh, Annie. Hope it tames for you. Love all the little outfits. I think I may have to buy my great-granddaughters a doll each just so I can dress them. Do we little girls every fully grow up :) It's nice to see your business booming - a great start to the year. Hugs, Ellie x #25

sandra de said...

So while you have a productive list to show for your desk I have been adding dots the centre of the sunflower! LOL always lovely to see pics of your gorgeous grandees.
sandra de @33

Lindart said...

Annie, it takes a whole bunch of talent to make those tiny doll clothes! My DD, now 31, still has all the doll clothes her GGM made for her when she was little! And I love the pic of the baby with the giant ice cream in your last post - so cute! Have a great week, Lindart #31