Friday 2 February 2018

This week's smiles....week 257

Here we are at another catch up of the week's smiles before the weekend.  Many thanks to each and every one of you who join in each week by sharing their smiles.

I've had a really productive January here at Sewing by Annie's and February is looking promising too so I have lots to smile about.  My shares are for the boys this week....




There has been many bugs around the family lately.  Big sister, Jo had a flu type bug, Lulu had something similar,  Sam had a sickness bug and little Theo has had croup.  Thankfully they are all shaking the bugs off now and are feeling rather better.

Little Theo had been lacking energy and had no appetite but this photo came to show me how much better her was so it really made me smile....he's decided to try riding on his favourite pull along toy.



You will all know I've been making dolly clothes and I'm more than happy to make for the boys as well as the girls....my son chose the have a dolly as a special treat as a little one, he called it Frances and I'm sure it helped to make him the wonderful dad he is now :-)

Steve asked if I could make something for his toy monkey to wear so I cut down a t shirt he had grown out of and remade it to fit Kit his monkey....as you can see from the smile he was rather pleased with it.





When Sam saw the pink dressing gowns I made for the girls he asked me to make him a blue one for his dolly but as you can see it also fits his toy monkey too.  :-)

As you can see I get a lot of satisfaction out of the things I make.  :-)











The other huge smile I would like to share with you all is that my Sewing by Annie Facebook Page has now reached 600 followers so to celebrate there is a gift draw over there.  If you follow me on facebook please pop over there and get your name in the draw.....even if we had to use the post for any prize won nothing is impossible and it would be really lovely if one of you won it.....Good luck x



7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad to read that Theo and all the children are doing much better. That bug can linger.

The boys did take center stage today. Both Sam and Steve look so happy with their monkeys, and their outfits you made for them, too.

Congrats on the number of followers on Facebook. Unfortunately, I'm not on any social media site, except blogger. Have a lovely weekend and super Friday, too.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, those bugs have been a pain. We did have the flu jab and seem to have avoided them but still got all fingers crossed. I don't know if this will help but I keep my dendrobium in a window where it gets the morning sun until it starts to flower and then move it somewhere cooler and it seems to work. I will have a look at the facebook page when I get back from my visiting. Have a great weekend all of you. Big hugs, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Great pics - I love the blue dressing gown - must be best dressed monkeys in town!! x

Lisca said...

Lovely to see you feature the boys today. Those monkeys (I am referring to the dolls, not the boys) look really good in their clothes.
I'm so glad they are recovering from that nasty bug. It does linger so much and seems to have spread wolrd wide. I caught it in December and I am only recovering now.
Congratulations on your 600 followers. I am already a follower, but will have a think about who I know that would like to follow you too.
Wishing you a smiley Friday and a super weekend.
Blessings,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

I am glad that everyone is getting over the bugs now. The clothes you make for the children's 'special friends' are great. Mine only got knitted ones. But I did make an activity clown for one of the boys (sewing not knitting), and he carried it under his arm everywhere he went until its neck wore out.
I am not sufficiently into the sewing to follow your Facebook page properly, but I saw you had a giveaway because of all the 'likes'. You are doing so well. I can't believe how many little bears you have made!I don't know how you find time to make dolly clothes as well. Kate xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, just taking a quick 5 minutes from watching Lethal Weapon ... that's friendship for you ... to read your post. Glad to hear everyone, except himself of course - hope he's better soon, is shaking of the bugs. Love the photo of Theo trying to ride his tiny train - an example of hope overcoming reality. The boys look absolutely delighted with their monkey's new clothes. The faces on the monkeys are almost as cute as the boys. Have a good weekend and hugs to you both. Ellie xx

Lynn Holland said...

So nice to hear your little gang are all on the mend Annie. My mum has had cough and cold for weeks and now has cystitis. It’s all cramping her style as she’s very active and outgoing bless her.
LYNN xxx